Lukewarm water is the most consumed liquid in the entire universe and it exists at different temperatures and also can be used for a wide range of activities. Lukewarm is something that is not with too high or too low a temperature. Lukewarm water is neither hot nor cold.
It’s just water that is barely warm. It has a temperature that one can easily run a hand through and is usually warmer than the original body temperature. It can be made by mixing one part of room temperature water with two parts of boiling water.
Uses of Lukewarm Water
Lukewarm water can be used for a lot of purposes which includes:
(1) Skincare: It’s mostly recommended by dermatologists that you wash your face with lukewarm water as it doesn’t strip skin of oils, or open pores of the skin for long and it makes the best for face washing. It’s also the best water for the bath because it doesn’t damage skin as hot water would do and above all still gives a perfect feeling of ease and relaxation after.
(2) Cooking: In baking especially the temperature of water used plays a great role in the look of the end product. Yeast is best activated with lukewarm water because hot water would kill the yeast.
(3) Medicine: In mixing most children’s suspension mix of lukewarm water is used. Health Benefits of lukewarm water is always good for the body as it helps for the smooth running of metabolic activities in the body and also in the overall improvement of the human body. A dehydrated person feels less likely energetic so water plays a role in our feelings too.
ROLES OF LUKEWARM WATER
Roles of lukewarm water include
(1) Digestion: We consume different foods daily and this food as well needs to be broken down by the body when this happens the usual end product needs proper bowel movements for the unwanted parts of the food to be eliminated from the body. Consumption of lukewarm water in appropriate quantities will assist the overall process of making bowel movements easy and constipation will be avoided.
(2) Ease of daily activities: A lot of people who begin each day with a glass or two of lukewarm water tend to experience the best of days because the benefits of water being the first thing that enters your body in a day is tremendous.
After the long hours of night rest, you will have to rehydrate ahead for the day’s activities. Lukewarm water will provoke bowel movements in the morning so you will be able to ease yourself into the comfort of your home before going about your different activities for the day.
(3) Gut health : Gut health is not left out as consumption of water will help flush out deposits and improve gut health from diseases. Taking water in the morning prepares your brain for daily activities as water is needed for an optimal level of brain function.
It plays a part in maintaining the pH balance of the body as heartburn or indigestion could be a result of increased acid in the body but starting the day with a glass of lukewarm water pushes this acid down so when it’s time for you to take breakfast, you would be comfortable.
The bodily fluids are properly balanced the entire day so far as water is consumed as routine and at intervals during the day.
(4) Weight Loss: Looking to shed weight you should not neglect including lukewarm water in your morning routine as well as replacing your big bottles of carbonated drinks with big bottles of lukewarm water. Doing this as well as inculcating exercises and a few foods alteration will bring forth positive outcomes in a faster because the lukewarm water you are taking will increase metabolism rates in the body.
(5) Skin and Hair: Although only intake of water can’t make your skin as external moisturizers will still be needed for that but drinking lukewarm water will help flush out toxins and still give your hair a radiant look. Not drinking water can cause wrinkles and nobody old or young likes to see such on their faces.
Lukewarm water can be taken in combination with honey to soothe the throat in cases of sore throat or soften and inhibit cough reflexes with dry cough. It can be taken with lemon to promote weight loss, radiant skin, increase vitamins supply in the body, boost body immunity, and wean off minor respiratory discomforts.
Lukewarm water is the best for people experiencing cough or nasal congestion as it helps to relieve symptoms and thin mucus as well so recovery can be easier.
Lukewarm water although beneficial does not still require it to be consumed just as one deems fit in his mind. This doesn’t imply that you should be totally scared. Precautions for consumption of lukewarm water include
(1) Always be careful to check out the temperature of the water after mixing before consumption, if you do have a thermometer the temperature is expected to be between 99 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit or 36.5 to 40.5 degrees Celsius. If you do not have a thermometer it’s still fine you can run the heater against the back of your palm it is just supposed to be slightly warmer than your normal body temperature if you are physiologically okay.
All these procedures are just to avoid hurting your skin or scalding your tongue or hurting your esophagus with hot water or the water being beyond the temperature you desire. So discomfort is caused for you.
(2) Do not overconsume: Experts suggest that about 2.7 liters of water daily for females and 3.7liters daily for males should be consume. In a situation when you take more than the required daily quantity you might face some challenges like electrolytes imbalance in the body, muscle weakness, seizures, or possibly even coma.
Lukewarm water has a lot of advantages, but should be taken with precaution. Always consult your doctor if you have any questions about taking Lukewarm water.