The research and fact findings on popping cholesterol deposits has revealed some intrinsic properties of cholesterol. Cholesterol is a type of fat that is found inside the blood, it moves with the blood around the body. These fats can also be called lipids, they are found in the bloodstream because they cannot dissolve in liquid.
Cholesterol is very important in the body because your body needs it to make hormones and other substances that can help in your digestive process. The cholesterol needed by the body can sometimes be gotten by foods like eggs, cheese etc.
IMPORTANCE OF CHOLESTEROL IN THE BODY
Cholesterol helps in the following
(1) Forming the most important component of the body cells
(2) Forming sex hormones
(3) Protecting the content of the cells
(4) Helps the liver to produce bile
(5) Forming vitamin D.
The cholesterol in the body can either be too high or too low. When it is too low, it is known as hypocholesterolemia but when it is high, it is known as hypercholesterolemia. It is common to have high cholesterol than low cholesterol. Hypocholesterolemia is rare. Although cholesterol is important to the body, much of it can be harmful.
WHAT CAN CAUSE HIGH CHOLESTEROL ?
Having an unhealthy lifestyle can be dangerous and cause cholesterol . Some of them are :
(1) Smoking: Smoking does not only affect your lungs but it raises your cholesterol level. When you smoke, your cholesterol becomes stickier and cannot move around your body in your bloodstream. What happens is these cholesterol stick to your artery walls and block them
(2) Unhealthy eating habits: Too much consumption of food of high in cholesterol is not good for your body, foods like milk, eggs, and fried foods. Saturated fats and trans fats are bad if consumed in large quantities.
(3) Lack of exercise : Exercise like walking, jogging and cycling helps to reduce the bad cholesterol in your body. Studies have shown that exercise can lower cholesterol level even in people who are overweight.
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH HIGH CHOLESTEROL
High cholesterol can lead to many health issues and challenges like:
- Heart attack
- Clotting of blood
- Artery disease
Cholesterol deposits can start developing under the skin when they have piled up. These deposits are also known as xanthomas and they can grow in any parts of the body including the legs, palms but are commonly found around the eyes. They do not spread and are not cancerous in nature. When they appear, it only means that your cholesterol level is really high and unhealthy.
CAUSES OF XANTHOMAS OR CHOLESTEROL DEPOSITS
(1) Genetic condition that makes cholesterol to buildup: This is called familial hypercholesterolemia
(2) Obesity : When you are fat, your body has high fat tissues and these means more fat acids are transported to your liver.
(3) Nephrotic syndrome: This is a symptom of kidney damage. This syndrome can cause increase in your cholesterol level.
(4) Diabetes : People with diabetes have a chance of having high cholesterol. This is because the arteries are damaged and fats can easily stick to them thereby blocking the arteries.
(5) Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis : This is a health condition that makes it unable for the body to break down fats resulting to buildups. That is the more reason this article ” popping cholesterol deposits” is recommended for all.
HOW TO PREVENT CHOLESTEROL DEPOSITS
If your high cholesterol level is as a result of your genes, you can take medications recommended by a doctor to keep down the fats. Losing weight can be a nice step to preventing cholesterol deposits if you are obesed or on the bigger side as excessive weight can result to more fat tissues.
Diabetic patients or people who suffer from heart diseases can constantly have their cholesterol level checked at all time so as to detect the deposit early. Generally, you can prevent cholesterol deposits by :
- Quitting smoking
- Eating lots of vegetables, fruits and reducing intake of sodium, meat or saturated fats.
- Engaging in physical activities and exercise
POPPING CHOLESTEROL DEPOSITS
Cholesterol deposits are usually harmless but it can be uncomfortable especially when they buildup on the face. It is not advised to pop your cholesterol deposits by yourself. If you want to remove them , you should see a doctor and he or she will recommend a treatment procedure for you. Some of these treatment methods of popping cholesterol deposits :
(1) Laser ablation
This is the use of laser beams to remove a material from a solid surface. The laser beam is placed on the deposits and the fatty tissues are burnt
(2)Topical trichloroacetic acid
This is the application of acid on the affected place, after some seconds, the acid is washed off with cold water and an antibiotic ointment is applied. This should be done by a doctor.
This is the application of cold or freezing agent to the deposits. This will clear the deposits by damaging the cells.
(4) Electrodesiccation and curettage (ED&C)
This is a surgical procedure. It involves a surgeon scrapping out the deposits off the body. After scrapping, the wound is heated to heal it. To avoid pain, the area is numbed before the procedure.
In this article titled” popping cholesterol deposits” , it is important for you to know that your body needs cholesterol to perform function ranging from helping to build cells and hormones. However, too much of it can be dangerous to your health as it can lead to other heart diseases or even attack.
If you have lifestyles that can trigger the growth of your cholesterol level, you can consider quitting them to avoid complications.When you have cholesterol deposits, do not try to pop them, see a doctor and use any method recommended to treat it.