Different American citizens have been searching on the topic ” Are Hiccups a sign of pregnancy” The answer is yes. Hiccups is a sign of pregnancy. First lets understand something that pregnancy is a phase most women look forward to as it gives them the chance togive birth to another human being and experience motherhood.
It can be tiring, yet fulfilling and worth the pain. When you are pregnant, your body adjusts so much that the effects can be for a lifetime. There is no alarm that sounds or light that blinks to show when you become pregnant. You will notice some signs and symptoms.
The best way to know if you are pregnant is through tests or ultrasound but there are signs that can show that you are pregnant. The symptoms might not start the first week you are pregnant but maybe few weeks later. You may notice early signs like :
(1) Missed period : Immediately you become pregnant, your body hormones in charge of releasing ovaries will stop bringing out matured eggs. This will make you not to see your period throughout the time you will be pregnant.
(2) High body temperature : Your may notice rise in your body temperature. This may be a symptom.
(3) Fatigue :This is common in early pregnancy as your body progesterone level will raise. This can make you feel sleepy.
(4) Swollen and tender breast : Your breasts will become tender and swollen which may cause pain. These changes are because your body is adjusting to the hormones developing. Your breasts may become larger. This is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy.
(4) Changes in mood : A pregnant woman is susceptible to mood swings. She is happy this minute, anxious the next minute. She can even experience depression. It is not their fault as their estrogen and progesterone levels which is higher than before can cause this.
(5) Frequent urination : Your body pumps more blood when you are pregnant. This has effect on your kidney as it has to process more fluids and your bladder has to release them. This will make you visit the bathroom more than you used to.
(6) Morning sickness and vomiting : It is called morning sickness but it can happen any time of the day. You may feel sick and have the urge to vomit. This comes during the first trimester but it can continue in some women.
(7) Smell sensitivity and food cravings : Your body becomes more sensitive to smell especially due to hormones. You may feel nauseous when you preceive some foods. You may also crave for foods badly that you will always feel like eating it everytime.
(8) Pregnancy glow : Most people say early pregnancy makes you glow. This is because your body pumps more blood which circulate around your body including your vessels. Your body oil gland receives more blood and work more than it should resulting to glow.
ARE HICCUPS A SIGN OF PREGNANCY?
Hiccups can occur in different form. Some people experience hiccups even while sleeping. Although hiccups are not listed among the signs of pregnancy, some women have said they knew they were pregnant because they got hiccups. This sounds superstitious, right?. Are hiccups really sign of pregnancy?, you may ask. First, let’s know what hiccups are.
Hiccups are repetitive, uncontrollable contractions of the diaphragm, the muscle structure just below your lungs. They are caused by involuntary spasms of the muscles. When your diaphragm contracts, your lungs take in oxygen. When your diaphragm relaxes, your lungs release carbon dioxide. If the rhythm of the contraction and relaxation shifts or changes, you get hiccups. It can happen at any time and can fade off on its own. That is why this post “Are Hiccups a sign of pregnancy” is very important to all readers.
WHAT CAN CAUSE HICCUPS ?
The common causes of hiccups include the following :
- Swallowing excess air
- Eating spicy food
- Going through emotional stress
- Drinking sodas and other carbonated drinks
- Eating very hot or cold food
- When you have had a surgery, especially abdominal surgery.
Hiccups can also be a sign of pregnancy. Although there is no scientific evidence to back up this claim, it cannot be completely ruled out as a sign of pregnancy. Higher estrogen and progesterone levels are produced by your body and these might slow indigestion and cause heartburn.
The pressure from your body can also cause acid reflux. In a bid to eat or drink more, the pregnant mother can compress the digestive system and cause hiccups. The rise of your progesterone level and pressure can irritate the diaphragm and cause hiccups.
Excess oygen in the body can also cause hiccups. To also provide air for the baby, more oxygen is taken into the body. This can cause breathlessness and lead to spasms.
In this post, we attempt to answer the question “Are Hiccups a sign of pregnancy”. The answer is affirmatively yes. Hiccups should not last for more than 48 hours. If they do, be sure to consult your doctor to examine you in case they are related to other things. If you have hiccups but not sure if you are pregnant, run a test to be certain you are pregnant.
To reduce the hiccups, you can try taking deep breaths. This will make the lungs to get more air and stop the diaphragm from moving when you hold your breath.
Strong flavoured drink made from lime and ginger can also help you stop having hiccups