Lavender is a plant with sweet fragrance. Can you smoke lavender is question young American citizens have been searching. The answer is yes, you can smoke lavender. Lavender is not just a plant with fragrant but it is highly medicinal and herbal. It is a flowering plant classified under the mint family and has a lighter shade of purple.
It is native to the Indians and those from the Middle East. It has been in existence for over 2000 years.
Both the flower and oil extracted from lavender is medicinal and have distinctive benefits. It can be used to treat bacteria and fungi related disease. There are many benefits of lavender.
BENEFITS OF LAVENDER
(1) Treatment for skin diseases : Most people suffer from skin problems like eczema, acne, pimples. Oil extracted from lavender can be used to treat these skin problems and blemishes. It is effective and can be used on all skin, but if you have a sensitive skin, you might have to dilute the oil with water before usage.
(2) It can be used to improve sleep : Many factors like stress, medication, sickness and certain foods can cause insomnia. Candles made with lavender oil and fragrance can be burned to induce sleep. Also, dropping lavender oil in some parts of your bed or pillow can also be useful. Be careful not to over drop it to avoid choking.
(3) Lavender can be used to fight fungus growth : Some skin diseases are caused by fungi. Disease like ringworm and athlete foot. Lavender oil can be used to stop the fungi from spreading to other parts of your body.
(4) To reduce menstrual cramps : Massaging your lower abdomen with oil gotten from lavender can help reduce pain from menstrual cramps. It can also help to promote your health and lighten your mood.
(5) To reduce stress and blood pressure : Stress is known to increase the chances of having your blood pressure high which can result to having heart attack. For people with heart diseases or have had heart surgery, inhaling lavender oil and essentials or burning scented candles made with lavender fragrance can help to reduce their blood pressure and sooth them thereby reducing the chances of a heart attack.
(6) Lavender can be used to relieve to relieve pain : Some people, when they experience chronic pain over time, use over-the-counter drugs to reduce the pain they feel. However, aromatherapy is a good way to relieve these pain.
Aromatherapy is the use of inhalants and lotions to affect mood and promote health. One of the fragrances used is lavender. This is because the oil contains linalyl acetate and linalool which constitutes the anti-inflammatory components that are found in many essential oils.
Lavender also contains polysaccharides which are potent for treating inflammatory diseases like rheumatism and arthritis.
(7) It may be used during labour: Pregnancy labour can cause intense pain and contractions. To reduce the intensity and labour contractions, lavender aromatherapy can be used. There is research review to back up this claim.
(8) To cure depression: Lavender in it’s natural state can be made into tea, essentials and oil supplements. Drinking the tea can help to reduce depression.
(9) To freshen smell of a room: To improve the smell of your home, office and other places, lavender can be useful. Just drop a little of the oil in places like on your wardrobe, curtains, laundry basket and waste baskets.
CAN YOU SMOKE LAVENDER ?
There are many ways to use lavender products. From drinking the herbal tea, to using the oil and also, smoking it. Smoking, nowadays, can no longer be limited to cigarettes and tobacco. We now have organic smoking herbs and herbal cigarettes. Yes, you can smoke lavender.
Many research on the topic “Can you smoke lavender” reveals that smokers found interest in smoking lavender too because of the same effect it has as cannabis. This is because of the presence of trepene in lavender which is also found in cannabis. You can smoke lavender for the following reasons :
(1) To combine it with cannabis : Many smokers combine lavender with cannabis to increase the effects of relieving their pains and relax their muscles. In the absence of cannabis, many smokers confessed that lavender is the best option as it gives same effects and feelings.
(2) It is calming: For people who quit smoking, lavender smoking can be calming as it has soothing properties and benefits. For a smoking quitter, you might have outbursts of anger, irritation or on the edge to go back to smoking. Linalool which is present in lavender will allow your body to rest and reduce the irritability.
(3) Lavender smoking will not get you high: Just like cannabis, tobacco and cigarettes, lavender will not give you that psychoactive effects. With smoking lavender, you can get the euphoric and relaxing feeling while you absorb the flavour and health benefits of it. However, you will not be high.
(4) It is naturally nicotine free : Just like other herbal blends, cigarettes infused with lavender has no nicotine. This is the reason why lavender can help smokers quit cigarette smoking as it is non addictive.
(5) Lavender smoking can help you sleep: For someone who has stopped smoking, your body will try to adjust to the new setting and this can cause inability to sleep. This inability can mess up your day. Smoking lavender can help you fall asleep because of the trepene in it. This will help your body relax, slow down your mind and make you sleep.
We have answer the question “Can you smoke lavender” which is affirmittively yes. Lavender has many benefits that cannot be overemphasized. The plants has thousands of uses and every part of it is useful.
Lavender smoking is safe, calm you down and give you same effects as tobacco, cannabis or cigarettes smoking.
Although, you can smoke lavender but you should understand that smoking is unhealthy for your body.
If you are a smoker, you can consider lavender but if you have never smoked before, you should not try smoking lavender. Also, while smoking, do not take it in large doses. We believe that the question “Can you smoke lavender” has been answered to your satisfaction.