Adderall is defined as a stimulant medication that is used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder(ADHD). Adderall is used in treating symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder(ADHA) in children such as, forgetfulness, too much noise, excessive talking, lack of attention, inability to listen and lack of focus and in adult they include; low self esteem, mood swings and lack of attention. Adderall medication used in treating ADHD most times have side effects on the tongue.
This article will help explore the following;
- What is Adderall tongue
- Symptoms of Adderall tongue
- Effects of Adderall tongue
- How to Get Rid of Adderall tongue
What is Adderall Tongue?
Adderall tongue refers to the swelling of the tongue which is as the result from the allergic reaction of the medication on the person. In the course of treating Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (AHDH), which is the neurocognitive disorder that can be diagnosed both in children and adults, Adderall is used to cure this disorder and there will be an effect which is the result of taking this drugs and this effect is the Adderall tongue which is the swelling of the tongue.
SEE ALSO: HOW TO FLUSH TOPAMAX OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM
What are the symptoms and signs of Adderall tongue
There are signs and symptoms that will serve as an indication to the presence of Adderall tongue. They include:
• Swelling of the mouth and tongue: one if the major symptoms or sign which serve as an indication to the presence of Adderall tongue is swelling of the mouth and tongue. After taking Adderall and your mouth or tongue starts swelling, it is a sign that you may be suffering from Adderall tongue.
• Reduction or decrease of saliva: another symptom of Adderall tongue is the decrease or reduction of saliva in the mouth. When you start experiencing that level of saliva in your mouth is lower than what you use to have, it is a sign that you might be having Adderall.
• Teeth grinding: teeth grinding is another symptom of Adderall tongue. Signs like too much or frequent grinding of teeth is an indication that you may be having Adderall tongue.
• Biting and sucking of the tongue: tongue biting and sucking is a common symptom of Adderall tongue. Consistent biting of the tongue and even sucking the tongue consciously and unconsciously is an indication to Adderall tongue.
• Soreness of the tongue: another symptom of Adderall tongue is soreness of the tongue. The tongue becomes sore and also very painful, when this happens to a person, it is a sign that the person is likely to have Adderall tongue.
Effects of Adderall Tongue
The following are the effects of Adderall tongue. They include:
• Dryness of the mouth: One of the commonest effect of Adderall tongue is that it causes dryness of the mouth. In some circumstances in which your mouth becomes to dry that you can’teven feel if you still have saliva in your mouth, it could be an effect of Adderall tongue.
• Lost of appetite: loss of appetite is also an effect of Adderall tongue. Occurrence of Adderall tongue can lead to loss of appetite in a person. It can make you not to salivate even when your favorite meal is brought to you.
• Restlessness: Restlessness is also as the effect of Adderall tongue. Adderall tongue can cause a person to feel restless and also to look pale.
• Fatigue: fatigue is also an effect of Adderall tongue. Adderall leads to fatigue, it makes the affected person look so tired and week.
• Weight loss: Adderall tongue also leads to weight loss.
• Slow growth: Slow growth is also an effect of Adderall tongue. Adderall tongue can hinder the growth process of the affected individual thereby causing him or her to experience slow growth.
•Increase in blood pressure: increase in high blood pressure is another effect of Adderall tongue. Adderall tongue can cause an abnormal blood flow in the body thereby leading to High blood pressure.
When to visit a doctor
Not everyone will see this side effects of Adderall but if the effect is experienced by someone, it is needful that the person visits a doctor.
How to get rid of Adderall Tongue
The following ways below can help to get rid of Adderall tongue. They include;
• Stay hydrated by taking lot of water and fluids: staying hydrated can help to get rid of Adderall tongue. Drinking lots of water and fluids is hydrating to a person and this can help get rid of Adderall tongue.
• Stay away from tobacco: staying away or avoid tobacco is another way of getting rid of Adderall tongue. Learn to take water in place of tobacco.
• Avoid breathing through your mouth: Breathing through your mouth will not help get rid of Adderall tongue but rather it will only make your dry. Breath through your nose it will help speed the healing process.