Juvederm before and after is a significant change that people notice after being injected with the dermal filler gel. Aging is an inevitable process of human existence and one feature it brings with it is the changes on the skin especially the face. As we age, we notice more wrinkles, folds and lines in various parts of our face. One healthy and non invasive way to fight against this aging change is by using Juvederm fillers.
Juvederm is a product that is made of hyaluronic acid and lidocaine. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar in the body’s connective tissues, it is responsible for how elastic and hydrated the skin is. The more hyaluronic acid the skin has, the more youthful and smooth the skin looks. This acid is found in the body but as we age, their level decreases and this makes the body particularly the face to have folds, wrinkles and become rough.
Apart from increasing the elasticity of the skin, hyaluronic acid is very effective in restoring the volume of the skin and carrying nutrients to different layers of the skin. Another important function the acid performs is to stimulate the body to produce more collagen, it is the collagen that clears out wrinkles and creases on the face. Even after the filler has reached its length of time, the new collagen produced will continue to rejuvenate the skin till another treatment session.
The lidocaine, which is another ingredient in Juvederm fillers acts as a local anesthesia. It helps to reduce the pain the patient feels while the dermal filler is injected into the skin. This is why doctors who use Juvederm fillers do not give anastasia to the patient as they do with other brands.
The Juvederm family has many products under it like Juvederm ultra, Ultra plus, Ultra xc, Ultra plus xc, Ultra 4, Voluma and others. They are used to address or treat:
- Lines from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Creases from the corners of the mouth to the jaw
- Lip lines
- Lines between the eyebrows and the nose (frown lines)
- Lines on the forehead (worry lines)
- Lines from the corners of the eyes (Crow’s feet)
- Juvederm fillers are also used to
- Add volume to the lips
- Enhance the chin
- Fill up the cheeks
One good thing about Juvederm is that it is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the effects can last up to 12 months.
Juvederm does not require any incisions to be made on the face, it is non-invasive. There are a few things you will avoid before the day the filler will be injected into your skin.
1. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: A week before your treatment, you will have to avoid NSAIDs like Advil or any products that have NSAIDs like aspirin. These drugs or products can block the blood platelets in the body, this can lead to bruising. To reduce the side effect of bruising after the treatment, it is best to stay away from NSAIDs for a week before the dermal filler injection.
2. Certain foods and beverages: Drinks like alcohol make the blood vessels dilate and can also affect other blood vessel activities. Other foods you should avoid are chia seeds, mackerel, salmon fish and nuts. Do not take these foods or drinks at least 24 hours before the treatment.
3. Supplements: Supplements like fish oil, green tea and vitamin E are good for the body but they are not advised to be taken a week before the treatment. The reason for staying away from them is because they can cause effects on the body like thinning the blood vessels which is not good at all.
4. Some skin products: Creams, serums and ointments that has glycolic acid, retinoids, retinol, and Retin-A are not advised to be used on the skin 48 hours prior to the treatment. These products can irritate the skin and can cause rashes on the area where the filler is injected and also affect the result you will get from the treatment. Hair removal products are to be avoided as well. In fact, you should not shave, wax or tweeze the hairs on the face. Avoid bleaching the hairs on the face too.
PROCEDURE FOR JUVEDERM FILLERS
The procedure should take between 15 to 60 minutes depending on the type of fillers you are working with. There is no need to use anesthesia because all Juvederm fillers are made with lidocaine, this ingredient is a local anesthesia that helps prevent pain. This means that the whole injection process will be painless.
Your face will be cleansed and the gel injected into the targeted areas with a needle. You may feel a tingling sensation or your skin tightening as the gel goes into your skin. After the injection, you can go home or continue with your normal activities.
The results of the fillers will start showing almost immediately. In order not to disrupt the gel from working in the skin, there are some things you will have to avoid like:
1. Exercises: This will only be a temporary issue as it is just for two days after your treatment. This is because doing exercises or activities that raise your heart rate above 100 bpm will make it difficult for your blood capillaries to repair themselves. If the blood capillaries are repaired, the full results of the Juvederm fillers will be significant.
2. Exposure to the sun: Exposing your skin to the sun will cause the area where the fillers are injected to become red and swollen. If you are going out in the sun, make sure to use sunscreen and wear a hat to cover your face. Apart from the sun, stay away from anything that emits heat to the skin like saunas, hot tubs and tanning beds.
3. Alcohol: Just like you avoided alcohol before the treatment, you should also do the same after the injection. After 48 hours, you should stop drinkig alcohol so that your blood vessels will heal as well.
4. Do not touch the face: You will feel like itching your face to relieve yourself of the tingling sensation you feel but it is not a good idea to touch your face. Touching the face can make the gel to leave its position and move to another before it has fully settled.
- Drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated
- Eat lots of fruits especially pineapple to help with your healing and also to avoid inflammation.
JUVEDERM BEFORE AND AFTER FOR LIPS
The lips are another part of the face that can get lines on or around them when you age. There are lots of products that can be used on the lips, like Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Volbella XC and others. Before the product is used, there may be lines on the lips, folds around the corners of the mouth. The lips may also become thinner as you age.
To get rid of these lines and folds, you can use any Juvederm filler for lip augmentation. One advantage Juvederm has above other lip fillers is that the results are immediate and last longer. While other products take at least 10 days for the effects to show and last for 10 months, Juvederm has instant results and can last up to 12 months.
It is best to also avoid exercise, alcohol and touching your face for a few days after the injection. Plenty of water and fruits are advised.
ONE SYRINGE OF JUVEDERM BEFORE AND AFTER
One question most people ask is if one syringe of Juvederm filler is enough to give them the desired result they need. It may interest you to know that even a syringe of Juvederm is enough to have effects on your face. Juvederm is not like a skin care product that needs to be applied every month or that needs patience for the results to become noticeable. Remember that the active ingredient is hyaluronic acid and just a syringe can get your skin to start working.
A syringe of Juvederm filler can do the work of making your lips plump and full. It can also treat the lines on both the upper and lower lips. In fact, it can even treat your chin and smile lines. But if you want your lips to be fuller after seeing the result of one syringe injection, you can add more.
TWO SYRINGE OF JUVEDERM BEFORE AND AFTER
Just a syringe is enough to give you significant results but you can add the amount of gel depending on how full you want your lips. Two syringes are mostly used for older patients whose lips have lost a greater part of their structure and volume.
Before the injection is given, the doctor will access your face to see how much work needs to get done, then the first injection is given. After the injection, the results are immediate which makes it easier to see how much impact has been made and the expected results. If the results are very minimal, another syringe will be added.
JUVEDERM BEFORE AND AFTER FOR CHEEKS
One thing that comes with aging is that the cheeks be one sucken and hallow. Weight loss and sickness can also cause that as well. The more you age, the more they sink in. If dermal fillers are intended to fill out the cheeks and give them more volume, one syringe will not be enough to fix the cheeks.
2 to 6 syringes are used for the cheeks. This number of syringes is recommended because the aim of the filler is to make the cheeks fuller and give the patient a youthful look. Your doctor will best determine the exact number of syringes your face needs.
NASOLABIAL FOLDS JUVEDERM BEFORE AND AFTER
The nasolabial folds or smile lines are found at the corners of the mouth. They usually develop if the cheeks are getting weaker or start sagging although some people have smile lines even when their cheeks are not sagging.
If the cheeks are the cause of the smile lines, the 2 to 6 syringes will fix the smile lines at the same time. But if the lines develop on their own, you will need 1-2 syringes to smooth out the lines.
Juvederm is a very effective dermal filler that is made with hyaluronic acid and lidocaine for the treatment of wrinkles, lines and anti-aging. If you have facial wrinkles or thin lips, you can consider going for juvederm filler treatment.
The amount of syringe you will be injected depends on how severe your lines are but most times, 1 or 2 syringes is enough to fix your face. The side effects are mostly swelling, bruising and redness of the face which is because of the foreign substance (hyaluronic acid) being injected into your skin. One good thing you should consider when choosing dermal fillers is that Juvederm gives you immediate results and lasts longer up to a year.