All men are at risk of having prostate issues, prostreat is a prescribed medication use in tendering to prostate relating issues in men. The prostate is a male specific gonadal organ. The Prostreat is a form of hormone. Hormones are chemicals, usually produced locally in one part of the body but which circulate through the bloodstream for distribution elsewhere. There are both male and female hormones some examples include estrogen, progesterone, testosterone.
The prostate takes the shape and appearance of a chestnuts, with the bottom up, it is attached to the bladder, with the tip downward, against the genitourinary diaphragm, with the pubic symphysis at the front as well as the rectum at the back.
Prostate gland is in the middle of the urethra, so when suffering from prostate diseases such as prostatitis or prostatic hyperplasia, urination is first affected. This gland is known to increase in size in old age. This is known as BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) which is non-cancerous growth of prostate gland.
The prostate gland is a very rare sex secretory gland with both internal and external secretion functions. As an exocrine gland, the prostate secretes about 2 ml of prostatic fluid every day, which is the main component of semen.
PROSTREAT AND IT’S FUNCTIONALITY
Prostreat is a medication for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, which is a disorder of the prostate that enlarges it. When the prostate enlarges, it compresses the urethra that surrounds it, therefore making urination to be difficult.
Prostreat which contains Tamsulosin , HCl as it’s active ingredient, acts by decreasing the smooth muscle tone in the neck of the bladder, making it easy to urinate. This medication can be prescribed by your urologist to reduce the size of the prostate.
INSTANCE WHEN PROSTREAT ARE NOT RECOMMENDED
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about your medical history before you start taking this medication. Inactive ingredients can cause allergic reactions and other problems. The include
(1)︎ Hypotension: Prostreat may cause a sudden drop in your blood pressure, which could lead to dizziness or fainting. Blood pressure medicine are not advice to be taken while on Prostreat medication.
︎(2) Women and children: This medicine is not indicated for use in women and children.
︎(3) Driving or operating machinery: The use of this medicine may cause symptoms such as blurred vision, dizziness, drowsiness, etc. in some patients. It is advised that you do not perform any activities such as driving a vehicle or operating machinery if you experience any of these symptoms.
︎(4) Glaucoma/Cataracts surgery: This medication can counteract with glaucoma patients leading to symptoms like dizziness etc.
(5) Priapism: If you have a penile erection for more then 4 hours then you have priapism and it is not safe to be on Prostreat treatment.
︎ (6)Allergies: Tell your treatment physician your allergies, this will determine if you are allergic to the active ingredient and also the inactive ingredients in Prostreat to avoid allergic reactions.
(︎7) Kidney disease: People with severe liver and kidney disease show get medical advice from their doctors to avoid the dangers associated with Prostreat interaction.
(︎8) Similar Medications: Prostreat is not recommended if you are already place on similar medication such as; Hytrin, prazosin, Rapaflo, etc.
Some common prostate problems are;
(1) Prostatitis: Prostatitis are either acute or chronic, bacterial or abacterial. Prostatitis is an inflammation around the prostate area or the prostate itself. This is often what younger men in their 30’s have. Patients can be cured by active treatment.
(2) Enlarged Prostate: Enlarged prostate is also known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), it is the commonest prostate problem. This will affect all men if they live long enough. It can be managed medically or surgically. It can lead to urinary tract infection or acute urinary retention.
(3) Prostate cancer: These is another prostate problem called Prostate cancer, it is affecting few percentage of the male population. If detected early enough, before it spreads outside of the gland, then it can be cured. That is why Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test may be recommended. If it spreads outside the prostate, to bone for example, cure may be very challenging and it may indeed be fatal.
DOSAGE OF PROSTREAT
- ︎ Prostreat dosage should be taken as prescribed by your treatment physician.
- ︎ Missed Dose: The missed dose should be taken as soon as possible. It is advisable to skip the missed dose if it is already the time for your next scheduled dose.
- ︎ Overdose: Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of overdose.
SIDE EFFECTS OF PROSTREAT
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Prostreat. Major & minor side effects for Prostreat capsule includes
- Fever with chills.
- Chest pain.
- Abnormal ejaculation rare.
- Runny Nose rare.
- Body pain.
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Trouble sleeping, Sleepiness, Difficulty staying asleep or falling asleep
- Back pain
- Nasal congestion and runny nose
- Facial pressure or pain
- sore throat, chills, or other signs of infection
- Blurred vision
- Ejaculation problems
- Dryness of the skin and the whites of your eyes turns yellowish in colour.
STORING THE DRUG
Keep this medicine in its original container. It should also be out of the reach of children and tightly closed. It is also advised to store it at room temperature, away from excessive heat or humidity.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU STOP TAKING PROSTREAT MEDICATION
︎ There are no withdrawals from Prostreat medication.︎ The symptoms that you were prescribed the drug to alleviate will return over a one to two month period.︎ Be sure this is what you want, and consult with your doctor before stopping any doctor prescribed treatments.
WHY DO MEN HAVE ISSUES WITH THE PROSTATE
Prostate issues can be from many factors. But it’s usually because older people don’t have sex or ejaculate. The prostate secretions accumulate in the prostate gland. The cells of the prostate gland multiply and enlarge because the prostatic secretions sit there for months and years.
The secretions are toxic and need to be emptied through ejaculation. When the prostate enlarges, it compresses the urethra being that it surrounds it, thereby making urination to be difficult.
SYMPTOMS OF PROSTATE DEFECT
See your healthcare provider for an exam if you have any of these symptoms:
1. unexplained abdomen pain.
2. unexplained rectal pain.
3. difficulty urinating.
4. painful urinating.
5. blood in urine, semen, or rectal bleeding.
6. Painful erection of the penis that lasts for hours.
7. Rash, Itching.
9. Swelling of the face, eyes, tongue, throat, lips, arms, feet, hands, ankles, or lower legs and Allergic reaction.
WHY IS THE RECURRENCE OF PROSTATE CANCER AFTER BEING REMOVED
Prostate cancer that managed to develop outside the prostate is still prostate cancer, so if the prostate is removed but there is a presence of prostate cancer somewhere else then it didn’t really come back because it never left.
But provided that all prostate cancer is within the prostate then once the prostate is removed then all the cancer should never return. If there is a detection of cancer again then it no longer is prostate cancer but probably a cancer of something else and the could still be a surviving cancer cell.
PREVENTION OF PROSTATE RELATED ISSUES
1. Be sexually active: Ejaculate often. Increased sex and ejaculations is protective against prostate cancer.
2. Frequently participating in all forms of exercise, good nutrition, no smoking, and decreased stress reduce all forms of cancer.
3. Resistance training and prostate massage reduces Prostate-specific Antigen(PSA)
4. Reduce fat intake. Eat less trans fats and saturated fats.
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
6. Add green tea and soy.
7. Avoid charred meat.
THE URETHRA FUNCTIONALITY ON REMOVAL OF PROSTATE
The Urethra is the tube through which the urine comes out from the bladder. In a male it goes through the prostate then through the perineal area and then the penile. When the prostate is remove due to prostatitis and enlargement of the prostate, the Urethra absolutely can function without the prostate gland. It is commonly removed when cancerous. Its function is to provide the liquid for your sperm to travel in from the testes to reach the outside of the body.
Prostreat can treats the problems and symptoms relating to Prostate in Men. If you have theses prostate problems. Active treatment is necessary, like antibiotics or Anti-inflammatory Pill. Therefore, once suffering from prostate problems, go and see your doctor.