Apetamin Pills is used by people suffering from underweight to gain weight. It is a vitamin supplement that aids weight gain. Apetamin according to its manufacturer and product labeling, is said to have contain the combination of cyproheptadine, hydrochloride, lysine which are amino acids and as well as vitamins. These combinations act as an agent that stimulate appetite and also makes one to eat a larger amount of food a day than usual.
Vitamin and lysine does not increase food’s appetite rather the cyproheptadine hydrochloride contains a major appetite stimulant.
According to research, cyproheptadine hydrochloride which is the active and of course the major ingredient in apetamin makes anyone who takes this medicine to experience increased appetite, craving for food and many other eatable substances.
Scientific research has confirmed that cyproheptadine hydrochloride interfere with one’s hypothalamus, which is the small section of brain that is responsible for voracious appetite for food.
Lysine which is the amino acids in apetamin contributes to increased appetite and weight gain. However, studies has proved that apetamin is yet to confirm if it is effective and safe to use as weight gain supplement for humans as it for animals.
Different Forms of Apetamin Pills
Apetamin comes in two forms which are syrup and pills. The pills form which is the tablet is said to contain cyproheptadine hydrochloride only while the syrup form is said to contain amino acids, blend of vitamins and cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
The reason for taking apetamin for weight gain by most people is that it works faster and quicker. Gaining weight is the main reason people take apetamin; which is the outstanding benefit of apetamin.
Patients with cystic fibrosis, are advised to take medicines that contains cyproheptadine hydrochloride to stimulate their appetite and makes them look healthy as soon as possible. Though the main benefit of apetamin is weight gain, but it is accompanied by some side effect.
In many countries and even in Canada, USA, the use of apetamin pills either for personal or commercial purposes is regard as illegal. This is because there is a general believed that the cyproheptadine hydrochloride contained in antihistamine possess some allergy symptoms like : sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes and itchy.
It is possible that the patent stores and pharmaceutical companies selling this apetamin may contain some undisclosed ingredients that are not good for one’s health. FDA has a list of illegal medicine and unfortunately apetamin is part of it, including other medicines that contain cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
It is regarded as illegal medicine by FDA because it is not approved by customs and liable for seizure by customs and immigration officers of advanced countries like USA and other european countries. It has also been discovered that apetamin is an allergic products to some individuals with persistent cough and cold .
This is the main reason it is always hard to find apetamin in any genuine supplement stores or pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. It is a licensed drug that can only be administered through professional description.
Side Effects of Apetamin Pills
The side effect of apetamin are:
(1) Dizziness which makes one to sleep weakly and some kind feelings of being weak and wanting to fall.
(2) Chest congestion which is the excessive accumulation of blood or other fluids in the chest.
(3) Nausea which instigate vomiting by someone taking apetamin
(4) Headache which is often experience by someone’s taking this medicine especially for the first time.
(5) Drowsiness which is a very excessive state of feeling sleepy.
(6) Fatigue which is the temporary loss of strength and energy resulting from the effect of this drug.
(7) Sinuses and throat excitement , hyperactivity, and muscle weakness.
Severe Side Effects of any Medicine Containing Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride Including Apetamin
(1) Difficulty in Urinating: Despite drinking enough water, one will still experience difficulty urinating.
(2)Blurred vision : Distorted or blurred vision is also severe symptoms arising from apetamin
(3) Too much nervousness: Apetamin makes one to be nervous and may distabilise the central nervous system
(4) And in some worse situation, it can lead to liver failure and liver toxicity.
(5) Also, there is excessive gaining of weight and obesity for people that overuse apetamin.
Since apetamin is consider as illegal and it lack of regulation especially from FDA, trusting apetamin as the only weight gain product is very risky because there is chance that what they claimed contain in the product or on the label may not be true. And also, because the side effects of the active ingredient which is cyproheptadine hydrochloride may be rather too severe for the user of this product to survive.