Ospamox is a 500mg medication capsule manufactured by Novatis India Ltd with a special content known as Amoxicillin. It is an oral medication used to treat different types of infections caused by bacteria on the throat, skin, lungs, ear, nose and the urinary tract.
Ospamox 500mg could also be prescribed with other medications to help eradicate the effects of Helicobacter pylori bacteria which may cause stomach ulcer.
However, its not effective for infections caused by fungus and viruses. Ospamox 500mg capsule shows adverse effects such as stomach pain, headache, diarrhea, weakness and vomiting.
It is advisable to consult your doctor if these side effect become worsen. It is recommended that drinking enough and adequate water will help o prevent dehydration as this drug may cause diarrhea.
One should also avoid taking this medication if allergic to some reactions such as: skin rashes ,hives, face and lips swelling.
Ospamax may be taken with or without food and at the same time everyday to ensure its efficiency and potency. Take a whole capsule without breaking or crushing it. Make sure that the course of your antibiotic treatment is completed as directed by the physician and one should complete the dosage of this drug as prescribed by medical professional to avoid drug abuse.
Patients with kidney, heart and liver problems should take extra caution while taking the medication. Ospamax can make birth control pills less effective, therefore, inform your doctor about your birth control plan.
USES OF OSPAMOX
(1) Pyelonephritis: This is a kind of ailment which causes the kidney to swell due to bacteria infection and may permanently damage both kidneys.
(2)Typhoid fever: This is a commonest disease caused by serotype typhi bacteria which are easily contaminated through food , water or a close contact. However, its rarely found on developed countries.
(3) Bacterial endocarditis: This is an infection which causes the destruction of the inner layer of the heart or the valves .When this happens, blood circulation becomes a major problem to the body.
(4) Pharyngitis/ Tonsillitis: This is an inflammation of the pharynx with a common symptom of sore throat.
(5) Dental Abscess: This is a bacteria tooth ailment which collects and build up pus in the tooth or gum.
(6) Peptic ulcer: These are openings mostly caused by bacteria which develop sore inside the stomach linings and the upper section of the small intestine which has a common symptoms of stomach ache. The use of ospamox tablet helps get rid of the bacteria.
(7) Gonorrhea: This is a sexually transmitted infection caused by bacteria known as neisseria which tends to affect male and female genitalia. If not properly treated could cause infertility. However, this ailment is tackled using antibiotics such ospamox.
(8) Cystitis: Cystitis is a medical term for bladder inflammation .It is the most commonly found urinary track infection (UTI) mostly associated with females.
(9) Skin and tissue infection: This is caused when harmful micro organisms invade in to the skin and its supporting tissues. Most common reoccurred skin and tissue infections include ulcers, abscesses, impetigo and surgical sites infections.
(10) Lung infection: A lung infection could be caused by bacteria, fungi and sometimes virus. One of the major kind of lung infection is pneumonia. Pneumonia is often caused by bacteria, its affects the lung air sacs.
(11)Sinusitis: This is the infection, swelling and inflammation of the nasal cavities.
(12) Acute otitis media: This ailment is typically found among children. Characterized by severe pains and the swelling of the eardrum.
Side Effects of Ospamox
Ospamox also has an adverse effect and that the major reason why it should be taken with Doctor’s pescription
- Skin rashes
- Joint pains
- Loss of appetite
INGREDIENTS OF OSPAMOX
Ospamox contains an antibiotic called amoxicillin which helps to kill or stop the growth of bacteria.
Amoxicillin is in a class of medications referred to as penicillin which is antibiotics. Some medications that performs similar function to ospamox include: Germox capsule ,moxilup capsule, moxitas capsule, roscillin capsule.
SOME PRECAUTIONS ON THE USE OF OSPAMOX
(1) Patients with other diseases such as mononucleosis(kissing disease), colitis(swelling of the colon lining), kidney diseases should be consult medical professional for accurate dosage before taking the drugs.
(2) Ospamox medication is generally safe for pregnant women as it help treat bacteria infection. Moreover, there is no yet any significance record of birth defects caused by the capsule. However, please inform your doctor about your stages of your pregnancy before taking this medication.
This drug is also safe to be used by breast feeding women as the efficacy gets reduced by the breast milk into smaller levels that are not expected to have adverse effects when given to babies. However, please consult your doctor before taking this medication.
(3) Ospamox is advisable to be used by women who are still on their birth control pills, as it reduces the efficacy of the pills and exposes them to risk.
STORAGE: Should be stored at a room temperature of 30C and be out of reach of children.