Partial circumcision involves the removal of some part of the foreskin of the penis, that is only the tip of the penis is removed, leaving the bottom. Circumcision is one of the major thing that cannot be over emphasized especially in a male. When a male child is born, there is foreskin that covers his manhood (penis), in which without this foreskin being removed which is the act of circumcision, the male child may find it difficult to impregnate the opposite gender (female).
Circumcision is simply defined as the act or the process of removing out the foreskin that covers a man’s penis (manhood). Circumcision is not done immediately the child is born. It is advisable that the child should reach at least seven to ten (7-10) days old before the foreskin is removed.
This process doesn’t take up to an hour, five to ten (5-10) minutes is okay for an expert in that field. Circumcision is not a compulsory thing, it is left in the hands of the child’s parent to decide whether the want their child to circumcised or not. Some religion do not support circumcision of the male child.
READ ALSO: MOLE ON PENIS- ALL YOU NEDD TO KNOW
What is the difference between complete circumcision and a partial circumcision
A circumcision that is completely done (not partial) is the kind of circumcision in which the foreskin of the penis is completely removed, but for a partial circumcision, the foreskin of the penis is not removed completely but whereas, it is only the topmost part of the penis that is removed.
In partial circumcision, only part of the foreskin is removed, exposing the tip of the penis and leaving the bottom. This partial type of circumcision is carried out in order to help change how the look or appearance of the penis and it is also carried out for the treatment of uncomfortable conditions of the penis.
Techniques for carrying out partial Type of circumcision
The are basically three methods or techniques of carrying out circumcision and they include;
• Gomco clamp: This technique of carrying out circumcision, uses probe to separate the foreskin from the head of the penis. After the foreskin and the head of the penis are separated from each other, a device that is bell- shaped fits between the foreskin and the head of the penis and the doctor then cut off the foreskin using scalpel.
• Mogem clamp: Under the mogem clamp technique, the foreskin is also separated from the head of the penis using the probe but the difference between mogem clamp and gomco clamp, a metallic clamp is used in holding the foreskin in place of the penis head and the doctor cuts it off.
• Another method or technique of carrying out circumcision is a plastic bell technique. This technique is really common.
Benefits of partial circumcision
Generally, the benefits of circumcision includes, reduction in urinary tract infection and easier hygiene. Partial type of circumcision also has it benefits and it includes;
• Phimosis treatment: One of the major reason of conducting partial circumcision is so as to treat phimosis in young boys or men when other treatment like ointment and steroids administered are not effective.
• Phimosis occur when the foreskin is not retracted from the head of the penis. This situation is normal for young boys with foreskin but as the grow older, the foreskin can be retractable. When a person is not able to pull back it’s foreskin, it makes it difficult for him to be able to urinate, that is why partial circumcision is conducted.
• Aesthetic purpose: another benefit for partial circumcision is aesthetic purpose. Some people don’t feel comfortable removing the whole of their foreskin especially if they had all their life, so because of this the only conduct partial circumcision.
Risk of partial circumcision
Partial circumcision has very but few risk which at times may not be easy to notice it. They include:
• Reoccurrence of phimosis: one of the risk of partial circumcision is that there is always reoccurrence of phimosis even after the partial circumcision was conducted to stop the phimosis. And when the phimosis reoccures, it will require more of the foreskin to be removed.
• Excessive penis pain: another risk of partial circumcision is that the pains on the penis will become too excessive compared to if the person had a complete circumcision
• Bleeding that won’t stop: continuous bleeding of the penis is another risk of carrying out a partial circumcision.
Does partial circumcision prevent someone from having a good sex
Partial circumcision does not prevent someone from enjoying his sex or having a good sex life. The only disadvantage of partial circumcision in the area if a person’s sex life is that the sensation when having sex will be reduced slightly.
Recovery procedure for partial circumcision
The following are tips on what to do to help your penis recover after partial circumcision.
• Do not have sex at least three to four weeks after partial circumcision has been conducted.
• Always apply a petroleum jelly on the head of the penis
• Wash the penis with warm for at least two to three times in a day.